Sports are a fun way to get exercise and stay healthy. They help strengthen bones and muscles, improve cardiovascular endurance and flexibility, reduce stress and increase your mental acuity.
– Know what you’re covering before writing about it, even if you are a fan of the sport. This will make your writing more interesting for readers who may not be familiar with the sport you’re writing about.
1. A sports article should always start with a lead that introduces the story, then focuses on an important or interesting aspect of the game. This can be an important fact about the team or a significant development in the game.
2. Write clearly and concisely, with no unnecessary or lengthy digressions into back story.
3. Ensure that your subject is well-known to your readers, especially if you are covering an established team.
4. Use strong verbs, and avoid using passive sentences that describe the actions of athletes.
5. Include background information and statistics on the game and the players.
6. Provide context in your writing, for example, if you are covering a basketball game, be sure to explain the history of the sport or the different rules involved.
7. Make your sports articles interesting and readable, by including photos or graphics where appropriate.
Sports are a great way to keep active, and they help you develop important social skills such as team work and leadership. They also promote good mental health, helping young people to develop their self-esteem and confidence.